RTA Safety Tips
It is important to practice safe driving techniques in unfavourable weather conditions. In that regard, below are some tips for driving during bad weather conditions.
- Check the validity of the brakes, tires, and headlights of your vehicle before starting your journey.
- Whether it is a short trip or not, make sure your wipers work well for a safe journey.
- Make sure to increase the safety distance between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Drive slowly so you can always keep control of your car and avoid worrying about having to stop suddenly behind other vehicles.
- Make sure to check your tires for a safe journey.
- Always follow traffic signs and do not instantly press on the accelerator when the traffic light turns green to avoid losing control on the slippery roads.
- Drive cautiously and carefully at a reduced speed limit for your safety.
- Do not overtake other vehicles except when necessary.
- Turn on your headlights and keep a safe space between the vehicle ahead of you to avoid a collision.
- Ensure that all your car headlights work well.
- Be careful while driving and reduce your speed while switching lanes.
- Close your windows and turn on the AC for your safety on the road.
- Stay to the right side of your lane to stay clear from vehicles coming from the opposite direction.
- Keep an eye on your speed and ensure you have your fog lights on.
- For your safety and that of others use your vehicle signals when necessary to warn vehicles coming from behind.
- Do not drive with your high beam lights as it reduces the visibility, instead drive with your fog lights on.
- When you must stop your vehicle, park on the side of the road and make sure to turn your hazard lights on to warn other vehicles.
- Relieve pressure on the accelerator and use the brakes if necessary.