HE Mattar Al Tayer
Director General and Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors
H.E. Mattar Al Tayer, a professional civil engineer, graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1983, and holds an Honorary Fellowship of the British Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE), 2010
He was assigned the task of leading the Roads and Transport Authority in November 2005. Under his leadership and driving force, he established a competent and experienced specialist workforce, thereby driving the organization through remarkable achievements that have positioned RTA into a world-class organization.
Prior to taking the helm with RTA, H.E M.AL Tayer worked in Dubai Municipality starting in 1983, assuming several leadership roles and eventually moving as Deputy Director General of the Dubai Municipality.
Al Tayer participates in several boards and committees both on the local and federal levels including:
- Member of the Executive Council of the Dubai Government
- Vice-Chairman of the Dubai Sports Council
- Member of the Board of Trustees for “Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives” Foundation
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees for “Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Creative Sports Award”
- Member of Expo 2020 Preparatory Committee
- Member of the Board of Trustees for Dubai Future Foundation
- Board Member of the Federal Transport Authority – Land & Maritime
- Board Member of Union National Bank
Mr. Al-Tayer is the recipient of many awards throughout his distinguished career for his outstanding achievements, such as:
- Man of the year award ( CEO Middle East Award ) 2009
- Award of the Middle East forum for Accessible Tourism 2009
In September 2011, HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, decorated Mattar Al Tayer the “Mohammed bin Rashid Sash” for his efforts and achievements in RTA.