- Question 1: Is it possible to register a vehicle if the possession certificate is issued in another emirate?
Answer 1: Yes, it is possible to register the vehicle in Dubai on condition that the certificate includes the customer's name. However, the possession certificate issued for a company in another emirate cannot be used to register the vehicle in Dubai.
- Question 2: What are the specifications to register a heavy vehicle (3 tonnes)?
- Height: 4.2 m
- Width: 2.6 m
- Length: depending on the vehicle.
- Question 3: Can citizens enrolled in the army register a vehicle in Dubai? Are residents allowed to register vehicles?
Answer 3: Citizens are allowed to register vehicles in Dubai even if they are enrolled in the army. Residents are allowed to register the vehicle should they meet the Dubai conditions for registering a vehicle.
- Question 4: What type of vehicles are citizens and residents allowed to register?
Residents: Only light vehicles and motorcycles
Citizens: Light vehicles and motorcycles. The customer can register a light bus if the family is comprised of at least 10 members. The customer must present a proof (a family book for special reasons or a birth certificate). The customer can also register a 4-door pick up or a heavy vehicle if he owns a farm and upon providing a proof.
- Question 5: How many vehicles are customers allowed to register?
Answer 5: Customers are allowed to register an unlimited number of vehicles.
- Question 6: For how long will the registration be valid in accordance with the insurance provided by the customer?
Answer 6: If the customer provides an insurance for more than 1 year, the registration can be valid for more than 1 year. The maximum validity is 3 years. This is only applicable for new vehicles.
- Question 7: Is the customer with an investment visa allowed to register a vehicle?
Answer 7: Yes, but the visa must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Question 8: Are customers allowed to register light pick-ups?
Answer 8: Customers are allowed to register 4-door light transport vehicles and 2-door vehicles (for citizens only). They will receive private plates and they are allowed to register fancy 4-door vehicles if they have residence visa from Dubai or from another emirate on condition that the vehicles meet the registration conditions.
- Question 9: What are the cases applicable for technical inspection?
Answer 9: If the vehicles are purchased from a private enterprise other than the authorised dealers and also if the vehicles are imported or previously owned.
- Question 10: What is the procedure if the customer loses the plate sticker?
Answer 10: if a customer loses for some reason the plate sticker, he can head to any Vehicles Renewal Services centers and pay 10 AED to receive a new sticker.
- Question 11: Are customers allowed to register a vehicle without holding a driving license?
Answer 11: It is possible to register a vehicle without holding a driving license on condition that the customer has a Dubai residence visa.
- Question 12: Can the customer register a vehicle on the condition of providing property documents?
Answer 12: This is possible if the property is owned by the customer. He must present the Emirates ID and the original passport.
- Question 13: In which cases is the technical test undertaken in other emirates accepted?
Answer 13: It is accepted in the cases of registration, renewal transactions and transfer certificates of light vehicles from Dubai to other emirates.
- Question 14: Can the customer upload the results of the technical test online?
Answer 14: RTA electronically uploads the result of the test.
- Question 15: Are customers allowed to register vehicles if they have 2 traffic files?
Answer 15: Yes, customers can register the vehicle after requesting from RTA to merge the 2 traffic files into 1. After having 1 traffic file, the customer can register the vehicle.