Service Details

Roads & Transport Authority - Service Details


Use the toggle below to switch the contrast

Contrast switch:

Increase or decrease the size of the text to make it more suitable for your reading comfort.

Text resize

Default Setting

Use the text-to-speech button to convert the written text into audio for your convenience.

Read Speaker:

Learn more about our accessibility features

Learn more

Home/ RTA Services / Service Details

Applying For A Driving Theory Lecturer Permit

This Service enables you to apply for a lecturer permit to deliver lectures on traffic laws and regulations and theory training programs for all driving license categories adopted by RTA for applicants requesting a vehicle driving license.


Reference to the UAE Cabinet Decision (30) of 2017 on traffic and traffic safety services, the fees of driving licenses and vehicles are changed. For more information please visit or contact RTA call centre on the following number: 8009090.


Employees who are nominated by their institutes are eligible to apply for this service.

Required documents

  1. Copy of the driving license issued in UAE for a period not less than 3 years
  2. Eye test
  3. Emirates ID
  4. Medical test for those above 40 years
  5. Criminal record certificate.


Lecturer permit.

Service fees

  • 400 AED permit fees
  • 200 AED knowledge test appointment
  • +20 AED Knowledge and Innovation fees.


1 year.

Average processing time

  • Service centre: 5 minutes.

Ways to apply


Through Service centre:

  • The customer submit the required documents through the Centralized Training System
  • If all conditions were met, RTA approves the application
  • The customer settles the fees through the e-wallet and gets the receipt.

Terms and conditions

  • The customer must pass the knowledge test to receive the permit
  • The customer's traffic file must be clear from fines
  • The customer's legal age must be 25 years old when issuing this permit
  • The customer must be medically fit.


This service has no FAQs.

Do you have any Suggestion or Feedback?



How often do you use the RTA e-Service?

Home/ RTA Services / Service Details

You are being redirected to an external website

Please wait a moment