- Question 1: What is the traders auction?
Answer 1: It is the same as the open auction but is specialised for traders.
- Question 2: Can the customer keep the security fees to use them during the next auction?
Answer 2: No, the next auction requires another security fees and this is applicable for customers who settled the fees in cash, by cheque or by credit card.
- Question 3: What is the procedure to pay using a manager cheque?
Answer 3: If the customer wants to pay by a manager cheque, it must be addressed to the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) with the payment date on it.
- Question 4: Where can customers pay using a manager cheque?
Answer 4: At the following centres:
Customer Happiness Centre – Deira
Customer Happiness Centre – Umm Ramool
Customer Happiness Centre – Al Barsha.
- Question 5: Can the customer pay the manager cheque as security fees?
Answer 5: The security fees cannot be settled by manager cheque. The customer is required to settle them in cash.
- Question 6: What is the maximum number of plates the customer can have during an auction?
Answer 6: There is no maximum number.
- Question 7: What is the minimum amount of money that the customer can bid to start the auction?
Answer 7: The minimum amount is 1,000 AED.
- Question 8: When does the auction end?
Answer 8: The auction starts on Tuesday and ends on Friday. On Friday at 2 p.m., the auction closes on the first number and other numbers follow consecutively. The customer can check the remaining time on the counter of the numbers.
- Question 9: How does the customer know that he won the number?
Answer 9: Once the auction ends, the customer will receive an SMS.
- Question 10: Can the customer participate in the auction after it begins?
Answer 10: Yes.
- Question 11: Can the customer settle the price of the plate and receive the ownership certificate in case of having pending fines on his traffic file?
Answer 11: Yes.
- Question 12: Can the customer settle the security fees if the manager cheque is not issued in his name?
Answer 12: No, the manager cheque should be issued in the customer’s name and should have a payment date.
- Question 13: What is the maximum amount of money that the customer can settle using a credit card?
Answer 13: In regular cases, the amount cannot exceed 50,000 AED. However, in case of a 3-digit plate, the maximum amount may reach 150,000 AED.