- Question 1: Can the customer avail from the discount on the 3-digit plates that was launched by the end of 2015?
Answer 1: The discount on the 3-digit plate number which was launched by the end of 2015 ended on 28 July 2016.
- Question 2: Is the customer eligible to own plate numbers if she is a Syrian resident sponsored by her husband who is a citizen and if they are both from Abu Dhabi?
Answer 2: No she cannot buy or allocate plate numbers unless she has a traffic file.
- Question 3: Can the customer purchase a distinguished number if he has a traffic file in Dubai but the residence visa is issued in another emirate?
Answer 3: Yes, the customer can purchase a distinguished number as long as he has a traffic file in Dubai.
- Question 4: What are the conditions of registering a vehicle in Dubai?
Answer 4: 1 of the below conditions must be met to register a vehicle in Dubai:
- The customer must have a tenancy agreement stamped by the official authorities and valid for at least 6 months
- The customer must present a bill from the Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA) or a phone bill issued in Dubai
- The customer must be an employee in Dubai or the company’s trade name where he works must be the same on the residence visa or the passport
- The customer must be employed at a governmental or a semi-governmental agency
- The customer must be an investor in Dubai.
Note: The service is also available on SDDI. The Emirates ID is not required for the service delivery and collection.