- Question 1: Can the customer exchange his driving license in Dubai if he has a visa from other emirates and a tenancy agreement in Dubai?
Answer 1: The customer can exchange his driving license even if his visa is from other emirates . He must be living and working in Dubai and the company must have a branch in Dubai.
- Question 2: If the customer is from GCC countries and has a driving license, does he need to exchange it or can he use it to drive in Dubai?
Answer 2: A GCC national is allowed to drive with his own driving license as long as he is on a visit trip but if he is working and living in UAE, then he must exchange the driving license.
- Question 3: If the customer is on a visit visa with a driving license from GCC countries, but his nationality is not from GCC countries nor from the exception countries, can he drive in Dubai or does he need an international license? What are the vehicles that he can drive using his GCC license?
Answer 3: Yes, the customer can drive light vehicles and motorcycles only as long as he is on visit visa with an international driving license.
- Question 4: The customer is a USA national with an investment visa, and a US driving license, and he comes in and out of the country. Does he have to exchange his driving license in Dubai or can he use his US license in Dubai?
Answer 4: No, the customer is not allowed to drive with the US driving license.
- Question 5: The customer has a mission visa, service visa or multiple visa, can he drive in the UAE using a driving license issued in a country which is from the exception countries list? What is the procedure?
Answer 5: No, he cannot.
- Question 6: What is the procedure if the customer has dual passport and he wants to convert his driving license to Dubai driving license but the visa is stamped on the passport which is not from the listed countries?
Answer 6: As new exception, the driving license can be exchanged. For example, the customer holds two passports, Indian passport and US passport but the residence visa is stamped on the Indian one. His US driving license can be exchanged after being electronically signed by the supervisor.
- Question 7: The customer has a UK driving license (exception countries) and he is on a visit visa, can he drive a vehicle registered under KSA plate number in the UAE?
Answer 7: The customer cannot drive even if he is holding a UK driving license and a UK passport. He can only drive it in UAE in case he crosses the border while driving it.
- Question 8: The customer wants to apply for issuing a new driving license based on exchanging license. Are heavy truck driving license and equipment license exchangeable?
Answer 8: For issuing a new driver license based on exchanging license the branch will only accept light vehicle and motorcycle.
- Question 9: What is the procedure if the customer has a driving license from Dubai and he has exchanged it for an Omani license (GCC)? If the customer wants to come back to Dubai on a residence visa, how can he get the Dubai license back?
Answer 9: For any nationality, if the original driving license is from UAE, the customer can bring his documents to Deira licensing so that they can check his records and provide him with a driving license.
- Question 10: Can the customer convert a license from New Mexico?
Answer 10: Yes.
- Question 11: Can the customer convert a license from Puerto Rico?
Answer 11: No.
- Question 12: Can the customer exchange G1 and G2 Canadian licenses?
Answer 12: No.