- Question 1: Where does the customer submits the updated documents?
Answer 1:The customer submits the required documents and signs the forms at the Customer Happiness Centres: Al Barsha, Counter No. 6 and 11 and Deira Centre, Counter No. 23.
- Question 2: Do the heirs have the right to choose between continuing to receive the monthly allowance or receiving instead the final amount of compensation?
Answer 2: No, in accordance with Resolution No 8/2018 on compensation for taxi plate owners in the Emirate of Dubai, the right of the heirs in all cases is limited to the final compensation without the monthly allowance.
- Question 3: How's the final compensation's date determined?
Answer 3: RTA shall determine internally the stages of disbursement of the compensation to the beneficiary or the heirs, provided that this determination includes the disbursement date of the compensation for each stage and the beneficiaries and heirs included in each stage. The first stage addresses the heirs and then the beneficiaries entitled of the compensation. Customers will be communicated with on the contact numbers listed in their documents to inform them about the details.
- Question 4: What is the final amount of compensation? How is the share per person determined?
Answer 4: The amount of the final compensation is AED 170,000 (one hundred and seventy thousand) per plate, and the amount is distributed according to the certification of succession.
- Question 5: Will the Authority continue to pay the monthly allowance to the heirs until the final amount of compensation is received?
Answer 5: Yes, the Authority will continue to pay the monthly allowances to the heirs until the final compensation is received. In case of any update in the disbursement procedure, the beneficiaries and their heirs will be notified through the approved channels of communication.
- Question 6: Can the beneficiary choose between the monthly allowance or the final compensation?
Answer 6: Yes, the beneficiary can receive the compensation but after the completion of the first stage, which is to compensate the heirs.
- Question 7: What is the alternative procedure for paying the monthly allowance to the beneficiaries and how does the customer receive the card and use it?
Answer 7: The monthly allowances are not suspended, but the disbursement process has been changed by issuing a bank card to each beneficiary. The beneficiaries will be contacted upon issuance of the cards and the delivery of the card will be through the bank or at the Headquarters of the Roads and Transport Authority, Finance department, second floor.
The card can be used in all banks to withdraw the due amount.
- Question 8: Can the beneficiary sell the plate to another person?
Answer 8: The beneficiary cannot sell the plate because it is a grant provided by the government and not a personal property. The beneficiary or his heirs can however waive the benefit of the plate to RTA in accordance with the due forms and documents.
- Question 9: Can the monthly allowance be disbursed in advance for a year or any other duration for certain circumstances?
Answer 9: No advance on monthly payments are allowed according the due policies.