- Question 1: What is the procedure if the customer applies for the export certificate from Dubai and then changes his mind and decides to register the vehicle in another emirate?
Answer 1: The customer must check with the service centre to get a possession certificate to register the vehicle in another emirate.
- Question 2: What is the procedure if the customer loses the export certificate and the certificate is expired and the vehicle is outside the UAE?
Answer 2: The customer must apply for a new export certificate.
- Question 3: How can the customer check the chassis number if he doesn’t have the original export certificate to bring the vehicle to the UAE?
Answer 3: The customer should communicate with the UAE embassy and submit a copy of the export certificate in order to receive a letter (from the embassy) allowing him to proceed with the service.
- Question 4: Is a chassis test needed to renew an expired export certificate?
Answer 4: Yes.
- Question 5: What are the inspection fees to export a heavy vehicle?
Answer 5: If the vehicle is owned by an individual, a chassis test must be undertaken and the fee is 35 AED. If the vehicle is owned by a company, a technical test must be undertaken and the fee is 130 AED.
- Question 6: The export certificate expires and the customer has not exported the vehicle yet. What are the fines to be paid if the customer registers the vehicle without renewing the certificate?
Answer 6: There aren’t any fines, but the customer cannot renew the certificate. The customer must have a new insurance to export the vehicle via Dubai Customs.
- Question 7: Is the resident allowed to issue an export vehicle if the residence visa has expired?
Answer 7: No, the resident must have a valid visa.
- Question 8: Is the personal presence of the export plates owner and the holder of the export certificate along with the person who will be driving the vehicle outside the country mandatory?
Answer 8: Yes, the personal presence is mandatory.
- Question 9: Is it possible to export a vehicle with window tinting films?
Answer 9: The new law requires the removal of the window tinting films before exporting the vehicle.
- Question 10: What is the procedure if the customer imports a vehicle from abroad and decides to sell it before registering it or even decides to register it in another country?
Answer 10: If the company imports a vehicle, it may transfer its ownership. If an individual imports a vehicle, he can request a Vehicle Clearance Certificate to register it in any emirate.
- Question 11: What is the procedure if the customer has an export certificate which is valid for 15 days only and it expires?
Answer 11: A chassis test is required.