- Question 1: In case of an expired vehicle ownership certificate, what are the fines that the customer is required to settle?
Answer 1: The customer is required to settle all vehicle pending fines in the case of an expired ownership and all Salik fines registered on his traffic file.
The customer is required to settle these fines only at the federal branches and at the Licensing Department in Deira and Al Barsha and at the Customer Happiness Centre- Umm Ramool.
- Question 2: Is it required to periodically inspect vehicles of governmental and semi-governmental bodies and companies?
Answer 2: Yes, vehicles must undergo the technical test yearly.
- Question 3: If the customer owns more than 1 vehicle, renewing the registration of which one is considered a priority?
Answer 3: If the customer owns 2 or more vehicles, he must always start by renewing the ownership or removing the ownership of vehicles listed on his traffic file with an expired registration.
- Question 4: If the vehicle is registered in another emirate and the customer has a residence visa from the same emirate, is he allowed to renew the ownership in Dubai?
Answer 4: Yes, the service is only available for individuals and it can be only performed at Deira, Um Ramool, Al Aweer, Al Barsha and Al Manara Customer Happiness Centers.
- Question 5: Can the customer renew the ownership in Dubai if he is from another emirate and the vehicle is registered in another emirate?
Answer 5: Yes, the customer must be an individual and must provide all the required documents to renew the ownership including the residence visa if he is not from Dubai. Any person can represent the customer to renew the ownership.
Example: If the vehicle is registered in Sharjah and the customer’s residence visa is issued in Abu Dhabi, the customer can renew the ownership at a vehicle registration centre in Dubai.
- Question 6: Can the customer renew the ownership of a vehicle registered in Dubai in another emirate?
Answer 6: Yes, individual customers are eligible to renew the ownership of a vehicle registered in Dubai in another emirate.
- Question 7: Can the customer renew the ownership of a vehicle registered outside Dubai if he has a residence visa from the mentioned emirate?
Answer 7: Yes, the customer can renew the ownership of a vehicle registered outside Dubai if he has a residence visa from the mentioned emirate.
- Question 8: What is the validity of the technical test?
Answer 8: The technical test remains valid for 30 days from the date of its issuance.
- Question 9: What is the procedure if the vehicle is new but the traffic system requests its inspection?
Answer 9: If the vehicle is brand new, bought with 0 miles and the customer is the first owner but the system requests its inspection, then the customer must check with the Customer Happiness Centre in Deira or Al Barsha.
- Question 10: What is the validity of the tyres when renewing the ownership?
Answer 10: The validity of the tyres is 3 years if they are new (2012-2013-2014). If the tyres are damaged, the customer must change them to pass the inspection test.
Note: The customer must present a registration card to inspect the vehicle.
- Question 11: Is the customer required to perform the inspection test if the vehicle is new and its ownership was not renewed for 6 months?
Answer 11: A technical test is not required.
- Question 12: Is the customer required to update any information when applying for this service through the online channels?
Answer 12: When applying for this service through the online channels, the customer must update the insurance details on the traffic system (through the insurance company) and must update the details of the vehicle if necessary (through the inspection centre).
- Question 13: When is the customer required to inspect the vehicles registered under the company’s traffic file?
Answer 13: Vehicles registered under the company’s traffic file must be inspected yearly after the registration. The company can renew the ownership certificate of the vehicle 149 days before its expiry.
- Question 14: What are the steps that the customer must follow if the customer owns more than 1 vehicle and desires to renew ownership or cancel it after its expiry?
Answer 14: If the vehicle is new and the customer delays the renewal of its ownership for more than 6 months from the date of the first renewal, the vehicle must undergo a technical inspection test even if it is new before proceeding with the registration.
- Question 15: Does RTA accept universal inspection tests to renew the ownership of a vehicle?
Answer 15: No, RTA does not accept these tests.
- Question 16: What is a vehicle cancellation?
Answer 16: The cancellation of a vehicle is crossing it out from the traffic system either by issuing an ownership certificate or a transfer certificate or an export certificate.
To cancel the vehicle, the customer must present the original Emirates ID + copy of ID.
- Question 17: What will happen if the customer did not renew the expired vehicle registration after 2 months?
Answer 17: The traffic file will be blocked after 3 months and the customer will receive a notification through sms.