- Question 1: If the customer is taking driving lessons in Dubai and then changes the visa to another emirates, who will issue the license after the customer passes the road test knowing that the visa is not from Dubai anymore?
Answer 1: Knowing that the file is opened in Dubai, the license will be issued in Dubai after the customer passes the road test.
- Question 2: What is the required number of driving lessons if the customer wants to change the driving license from automatic to manual?
Answer 2: If the customer has a light automatic driving license and wants to apply for a light manual driving license, the driving lessons will be reduced to 10 lessons.
- Question 3: What is in the Dubai Drivers' handbook?
Answer 3: The handbook provides road rules information, including safe driving & crash prevention tips, and information on traffic offences and black points. It also provides information about road signs and road markings that are used in Dubai and the UAE. This handbook is the only one related to road rules. It is approved by the Dubai Government.
- Question 4: When is the handbook's information updated?
Answer 4: A review of the handbook will be conducted every 6 months, and an updated version will be issued if necessary. When significant changes occur, a leaflet with the updated information may be provided with the handbook.
- Question 5: What do I do if I think the information in the handbook is incorrect?
Answer 5: In this case, you can contact RTA call center 8009090.
- Question 6: Why does the handbook cost 50 AED?
Answer 6: The government of Dubai has set 50 AED as a cost for all similar documents. The cost includes the development and production of the handbook as well as the routinely replacement of the handbook with new additions. It is worth noting that the cost also includes 10 AED as knowledge fee for the Government of Dubai.
- Question 7: Where can I purchase the handbook?
Answer 7: The handbook is available at all RTA outlets. The handbooks are expected to be available at other outlets. The customer can also purchase it through the SDDI system. An application to purchase 1 book only may be filled online. There is a handbook for each level of the license (5 available handbooks). They are issued in Arabic, English and Urdu.
- Question 8: Is purchasing the handbook compulsory with overseas license transfer?
Answer 8: Yes, all clients who transfer their overseas license to a Dubai license must purchase a copy of the Light Vehicle handbook. The handbook purchase is automatically calculated by E-Traffic and added to the payment receipt.
- Question 9: What if the customer already has a handbook?
Answer 9: The customer must purchase a copy of the handbook to make sure that everyone has his own updated copy.
- Question 10: What if the customer does not want to purchase a handbook as part of the license transfer process?
Answer 10: In this case, the customer will not be allowed to transfer the overseas license.
- Question 11: Can a housemaid apply for a driving license?
Answer 11: Yes, a housemaid can apply for a driving license on a condition of providing all the required documents.
- Question 12: Is it possible for the customer to get the driving license 1 year after passing the road test?
Answer 12: If the customer did not get the driving license within a period of 1 year from passing the test, he must have another road test and the examiner must present the result once again.