Ahmed Al Kaabi
Executive Director- Finance Department
Ahmed Ali Al Kaabi is the incumbent Executive Director of Finance at RTA. He oversees the financial aspects of all RTA’s sectors and agencies. He is responsible for developing financial strategies, legislation and policies to manage and control various financial aspects. He attends to protecting RTA’s financial interests and reducing financial risks to the minimum.
Al Kaabi has a university degree in Accounting from the Higher Colleges of Technology.
He served as Cost and Budget Accountant, Roads and Projects Department, Dubai Municipality for two years. Then, he took over as Head of Cost and Financial Analysis Section for three more years.
Al Kaabi joined RTA in 2005 as Manager of General Budget. He contributed to RTA’s strategic plans through charting out financial plans in support of RTA’s achievements.
He chaired several key committees at RTA such as Cutting Expenditures and Increasing Revenues Committee, Executive Investment Committee, Follow-up Collection of RTA Dues Committee, the Study of Variation Orders of RTA Contracts Committee, Innovation Fund Administration Committee, and the Financial Resources Standard Committee.
He also participated in several other RTA committees and teams, including the Budgets Preparation Committee, Board of Directors Council, and the Emergency and Crisis Management Team among others. He also took part in Dubai Government committees such as the Consultative Committee for Government Resource Planning Systems (GRP).
• Issuing the approved financial statements in accordance with the International Accounting Standards (IPSAS) in 2019, and it was the first time for a government entity in Dubai.
• Accomplishing the smart financial management application in 2018.
• Winning the Dubai Government Excellence Award in Resources and Property Standard 2017.
• Serving as a mentor in the Model Programme for Developing the Skills of RTA’s Young Leaders.
• Preparing and developing the financial strategic plan for RTA.
• Participating in setting accounting standards for the Dubai Government in 2007.
• Participating in improving budgets of the Dubai Government in 2007.
• Winning the Dubai Government Excellence Program Award in 2007 - Financial Officer Category.
• Establishing RTA’s Department of Finance by setting financial policies, procedures and regulations in 2006.
• Contributing to the implementation of government resource systems in 2004.
• Obtaining a Certificate of Appreciation for tireless efforts and outstanding improvements of municipal services in 2004.
• Obtaining the Best Head of Finance Division Award in 2003 and the outstanding employee of Budget Division at the Dubai Municipality in 2002.