In pursuit of RTA's efforts to serve Dubai inhabitants, RTA gives paramount consideration to the elements of installation and deployment of modern Public transport means, including marine transport which implies on various forms that aim to encourage the public on using marine transport such as Abra, the Water bus, the water taxi and Dubai Ferry.
Abras are traditional means of water transport in the United Arab Emirates, considered as one of the oldest modes of transportation.
There are two types of Abras:
The motorized Abra
This service is provided to enable customers to move enjoyably across Dubai Creek sides, linking by that Deira and Bur Dubai areas, for an affordable fare. Abra operation times are from 5 AM till 12 midnight, while Abra Route 2 runs 24hour a day.
Distance Estimated Trip Time Tariffs and method of payment
From Deira Old Souk Abra Station to Bur Dubai Abra Station
6 am to 12 midnight
1 Dhs Per Passenger per trip , fare collection made by Abra operator.
The Abra may be chartered for Cruising (Dhs 120 per hour at all stations
From Sabkha Abra Station to Dubai Old Souk
Route 3 Alshandqa , lghubaiba , Alfehadi - Vice Versa. 3 pm to 11 1 Dhs Per Passenger per trip , fare collection made aboard by the Abra operator. 60 Dhs for the full boat for 30 minutes ride.
120 Dhs for the full boat for 60 minutes ride.
1- Burj Khalifa
Enjoy a wonderful cruise along Burj Khalifa lake, home to the world’s largest dancing fountain.
Set sail on a unique trip and enjoy stunning views and vibrant sounds from the heart of Downtown Dubai.
Hours of Operation
Working Hours: 5:45 pm – 11:30 pm.
65 Dhs per person.
Tickets available at The Dubai Fountain Lake Ride kiosk located at the Fountain Promenade and the At the Top, Burj Khalifa ticket counter. For Further information visit this link
2- Global Village
Enjoy an amazing trip aboard the traditional Abra along the Global Village’s artificial water canal as you contemplate the breathtaking designs of the pavilions from different angles.
4:00 pm – 12:00 pm.
50.00 Dhs per trip.
Set sail on the Atlantis waters aboard the Traditional Abra.
1:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
65 Dhs per person.
4- Al Memzar
Don’t miss out on having a cruise onboard the traditional Abra at AL Memzer.
- 60 Dhs for the full boat for 30 minutes ride
- 120 Dhs for the full boat for 60 minutes ride
- Times of service: Sunday to Wednesday from 5:00 pm – 11:30 pm
- Times of service: Thursday to Saturday and public holidays from 2 pm – midnight
- Ramadan Timing: 8.00 pm – 1.00am
To know more about this service, please click here
This service is available at the creek park.
Rowing Abras, manually rows-operated boats equipped with Asphalt-pitched side layers, were a common sight in Dubai that contributed to shaping the traditional transit scenario since the late eighteenth century till the present day. Despite the modernity that features Dubai’s today lifestyle, the latest technology implemented in the transport sector and the increasing number of limousines thundering along Dubai’s superhighways, rowing abra actively remains plying Dubai waterways as one of the traditional transit means that rather marks Dubai’s old times, carrying onboard Dubai citizens, residents and tourists, for whom distinctive & memorable water transit experience is vital.
Stations and Working Hours
Tariffs and method of payment
Public Library station
5:00 AM – 8:00 AM
9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
The Abra can be chartered for Cruising in front of the creek (60 Dhs per hour)
Creek Park Station
10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
The Waterbus is a highly advanced and modern water transit service providing luxury, comfort and further destinations to its passengers.
Water Bus (Dubai Creek)
From Al Seef station to Baniyas to Dubai Old Suok - (Turns Back) 2 AED (per Trip). Saturday To Thursday Fridays and Public Holidays
7:00 am to 22:00 pm
10:00 am to 24 midnight
* Traditional Abra will operate at Dubai Creek instead of Water Bus
Water Bus (Dubai Marina)
Frequency Time Saturday To Thursday Thursday Fridays and Public Holidays Marina Promenade –Marina mall 3 AED View Map From 10:00 am to 11:00 pm From 12:00 Midday to 12:00 Midnight
Peak times (4pm to 7pm) is 15 minutes
Marina Promenade –Marina Walk 8 AED View Map Marina Promenade –Marina Terrace 11 AED View Map Marina Mall –Marina Walk 5 AED View Map Marina Mall –Marina Terrace 8 AED View Map Marina Walk –Marina Terrace 3 AED View Map
* Note: Total trip fare from Marina Promenade To Marina Terrace, Or vice versa is AED 11
One-Day Ticket for Water Bus Service at Dubai Marina is available. Click here to find out more.
Water Taxi is a marine transit mode featuring ultimate privacy and luxury. click here for online booking or dial the toll-free number 8009090, the Water Taxi will come to the station nearest to your location to ferry you across Dubai Creek and waterways anywhere you might wish.
From 09:00 am to 10.00 pm
Tariffs and method of payment
- You can pay in cash or credit cards, fare collection made by the Water Taxi operator.
- The following table "Click Here” shows the cost of mobility between the Water Taxi stations.
- You can hire the Water Taxi at a rate of 400 dirham per hour in the route of your choice. It is now possible for Water Taxi riders to log on to RTA’s portal at any time, follow simple & short steps to book rides on the Water Taxi at the time they wish, for more details please click here.
Water Taxi Station Names
10. Al Mamzar 33. Al Seef 51. Jebel Ali Golf resort 20. Deira Old Souk 34. Creek Park –A 52. Atlantis 21. Al Sabkha 35. Creek Park – B 53. Mina Syahi 22. Baniyas 36. Al Boom Tourist Village 54. One & Only Royal Mirage 23. Dubai Festival City 37. Al Ghubaib 55. One & Only The Palm 24. Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club 40. Jumeirah Open Beach 56. Rixos Hotel 30. Shandagha 41. Jumeirah Beach Park 57. Dubai Marina Mall 31. Bur Dubai 42. Jumeirah Beach Hotel 43. Mina Rashid Station 32. Al Fahidi 50. Dubai Marina 44. Safouh 58. Sofitel Resort, The Palm 61. Waldrof Astoria
Dubai Ferry service, which has been launched by The Roads & Transport Authority – Public Transport Agency (Dubai) to uplift the level of marine transit services, is considered as an important linkage in the transport system of the emirate of Dubai.
About the Trip
Pick up point
Al Ghubaiba – Dubai Marina Mall
From Al Gubaiba to Marina.
11:00 ِAM, 1:00 PM,
AED 75 (Gold Ticket) 14 seats
AED 50 (Silver Ticket) 84 seats (2 seats for special needs)
50% discount for the above ticket for children between 2 – 10 years.
You can pay in cash or credit card; fare collection made onboard.
Tickets are also available at Al mamzar, Al Ghabiaba and Marina Station
TOURISTIC TRIP (Evening Tea)
From Al Gubaiba station toward the floating bridge and then turns back to Al Gubaiba station.
Sunset Trip / Photography
While navigating Dubai’s waterways passengers can enjoy Dubai’s sunset & sightseeings onboard of Dubai Ferry.
Dubai Marina Mall - Al Ghubaiba
From Dubai Marina Mall station to Al Gubaiba station
11:00 ِAM, 1:00 PM,
Hot beverages are served onboard, as Dubai’s water landmarks surround your seat on Dubai Ferry
Sightseeing & Photography
Passengers can enjoy Dubai’s sunset & the majestic landmarks onboard of Dubai Ferry .
Tourist round trip in Al Mamzar Tourist round trip On Request Prior 48 Hours Al Mamzer Station View Trip Route