- Question 1: If the customer is on visit visa and has an expired Dubai driving license, can he renew the driving license?
Answer 1: No, the customer must have a valid residence visa. In this case, the customer can only apply for a replacement of a lost or damaged license.
- Question 2: Is it possible to renew the driving license from other emirates in Dubai?
Answer 2: Yes.
- Question 3: If the customer is renewing a driving license from other emirates, does he have to undergo an eye test even if the results are uploaded on the system?
Answer 3: Yes, the customer must undergo an eye test in one of the optical shops mentioned above.
- Question 4: If the driving license is issued in Dubai and the visa is from another emirate, can the customer renew the driving license online?
Answer 4: Yes, the customer can renew the license online after making sure that all the details of the traffic file are updated on the traffic system according to the new residence visa.
- Question 5: If the customer submits the photo to the optician and does the renewal online, which photo will appear on the new driving license?
Answer 5: As per the policy, only the Emirates ID photo will be used. However, if the said photo was not extracted for a certain reason, the customer can use the immigration photo or a picture from the camera or can even scan any other photo depending on the supervisor in the centre.
- Question 6: What is the procedure in case there are missing information when applying for the license?
Answer 6: The back office team sends the below SMS to customers who have missing details so that the transaction can be completed. If the customer calls asking about the SMS, the back office team asks the customer to send a scanned copy of the passport and a valid visa to provide the details.
If the SMS does not include an email, the back office provides the customer with the content of the SMS stressing on the transaction number.
SMS Content: Dear customer, kindly provide us with your passport copy including your valid visa to complete your transaction. Fax number: 04 2036679 or email: email@example.com . Thank you from RTA.
- Question 7: What is the procedure in case the police cancels a driving license after reaching 24 black points?
Answer 7: The customer goes to Dubai Police to request a letter so that RTA can open a new traffic file for the customer to be able to take the test again.
In case the customer damages RTA property on roads, he must wait for estimating the damages. Once estimated, the customer or the insurance company is required to pay the fees, and then the customer goes to the customer service to get the clearance letter. The customer must present this letter to the police station holding the license.
In case the customer is drunk while driving, the police station will wait for the judge to take the final decision in the case. In case the license is confiscated, Dubai Police keeps it. In case the license is frozen or suspended, the police station sends it to Barsha Licensing Centre or Deira Licensing Centre.