Dubai Metro is a World-Class; 21st Century, fully automated, driverless Railway System. The Dubai Metro was constructed and delivered in two stages, Red Line (Stage 1) and the Green Line (Stage 2).
In the congested central areas of the City, the Metro lines had been built mainly underground, which constituted the majority of the Green Line, whereas the Red Line spanned along the famous Sheikh Zayed Road, on a viaduct.
Red Line key features
- Route covers the area between Rashidiya to Jabel Ali
- Length of the Line is approximately 52.1 km
- The majority of the line is elevated, except between City Center and Burjuman stations, where the line is constructed underground
- There are 25 over ground stations, (2 stations linked directly with Dubai International Airport) and 4 underground stations
- Estimated journey duration from one end of the line to the other will be 70 minutes
Green Line Key features
- Route covers the area between Etisalat station in Al Qusais to Creek station
- The total length of the line is around 23 km.
- The route is made up of 15 km elevated section comprising of 12 Stations, and 8 km Underground section, comprising of 8 Stations - including Union and Burjuman which are Interchange Stations with the Red line.
- Estimated journey time from start to finish of the Line is approximately 36 minutes
- Red Line was launched on 09/09/2009
- The Green Line was launched on 09/09/2011