Technical Inspection Requirements
How long does the vehicle inspection take?
• On an average it may take up to 15 minutes to test a light vehicle. The average end to end service time ranges from 20 – 40 minutes, depending on the volume of Customers.
• On an average it may take up to 20 minutes to test a heavy vehicle. The average end to end service time ranges from 25-45 minutes, depending on the volume of customers.
• End to end service refers to the moment when you hand over your car to perform the inspection until when the inspection is complete and you have received your vehicle.
What is the validity of the test?
The test certificate issued by the RTA is valid for 30 days from the issue date. You must complete the transaction following the test within the test certificate validity period.
What documentation do I need?
• The following documentation must be present when performing a vehicle test:
• Vehicle registration card.
However to perform vehicle registration, you must :
Ensure that the vehicle test (if applicable) is performed and a valid vehicle insurance policy is obtained.
Present the following documents:
• Emirates ID.
• Vehicle Registration card.
• Commercial license copy (applicable for commercial customers only).