Use the toggle below to switch the contrast

Contrast switch:

Increase or decrease the size of the text to make it more suitable for your reading comfort.

Text resize

Default Setting

Use the text-to-speech button to convert the written text into audio for your convenience.

Read Speaker:

Learn more about our accessibility features

Learn more

Insuring Your Vehicle 

To complete the vehicle licensing process vehicle insurance is required. Consider insuring with an RTA trusted insurer as per the terms and conditions applicable to these companies, which vary based on the type of vehicle and date of manufacture.

To make transacting with the Licensing Agency fast and easy all insurance companies are linked to the Agency and can send their vehicle insurance information to the Agency Online.  

This means that insurance documents are not required from clients when registering or renewing their vehicle registration.

There are two types of registered insurance agents:

RTA Trusted insurance agents: These companies provide integrated services pertaining to vehicle licensing and registration (such as vehicle registration renewal) as an agent of the RTA, as well as provide vehicle insurance services.

RTA approved insurance agents: insurance companies are electronically linked to RTA, and responsible for sending insurance documents and processing transactions electronically. To check out the list of insurance companies that operate the electronic linking system, please visit the following link:


You are being redirected to an external website

Please wait a moment