Here you'll find comprehensive information about all documents, applications and terms & conditions for the renewal of your Driving license, issuing a replacement for damaged / lost Driving License or replace your driving license by Dubai Driving License :
Driving License Renewal
RTA provides multiple channels to clients for renewing driver license, with a view to making it a hassle free experience that is tailor-made to meet the preference of customers.
Customers can renew driver license through the e-service on the RTA website on this link, via one of our trusted agents or RTA's customer service centres, or by contacting the RTA call center on 8009090.
If the driving license is expired, then the applicant should apply for a driving license renewal with an application form. The application will be processed within thirty days of the license expiry date. Documents required for this application are:
• ID or passport copy with a valid residency.
• A certificate that demonstrates commitment of payments to the adjudged fines due to any traffic laws violations (if any).
• Eye test certificate to be sent electronically from one of RTA’s trusted optical centers + valid residency visa as for expatriates.
How to renew driver license?
To find out more details about driving license renewal for drivers under 21 year old, please click here.
To find out more details about driving license renewal for drivers above 21 year old, please click here.
Note: If applicant exceeded the time limits given for the driving license renewal (mentioned), a monthly fine of 10 AED will be imposed and applicable to a maximum time of four years and two months.
Issuing UAE driving license (based on exchanging license):
UAE Residents, who hold a valid driving license issued from certain foreign countries, can apply for UAE driver’s license without taking any training or tests and simply exchange their license.
Certain countries' nationals are authorized to receive UAE driver’s license based on exchanging their license, by virtue of the resolution no. 126 of 2008 by the Ministry of Interior.
Below is the table of the authorized countries where driver’s license can be:
Northern America and Africa
Republic of south Africa
Asia and Oceania
You can use Our Online Service here to check the transferability of your license..
• Nationals of countries referred with asterisk in the table, are required to provide either English or Arabic translation of the driving licenses issued from their own countries.
• Exchanging the Driving Licenses of Singapore nationals to UAE Driving Licenses, requires them to pass the knowledge Test at earlier stage.
• Individuals must have Passports and Driving Licenses issued from one of the above mentioned countries, others (Non-Citizen)are subject to pass the knowledge test as well as on Road Test.
Exchanging License for other nationals
To exchange transferable driving license (issued from the listed countries) for nationals not included in the countries list, must do the following (requires valid driving license):
• Open training file and pass the knowledge test
• Pass the final on-road test. In case of failure in this test, then 8 training sessions are due.
Replacement of Driving License
Issuance of replacement for a damaged/lost driving license
This service enables the customer to apply for the replacement of a lost/damage driving license; applicant should apply for this service online through the e-Services, RTA approved agents, through RTA Centers or by using the Card's Self-Service Device (These devices are spread at hotspots and conceptually the first of its kind, that can make prints of the driving license card and other types of cards such as vehicle registration card, NOL card and the seasonal parking cards).or RTA's Smart Kiosks.
Note: In some cases a police certificate is required to demonstrate the loss of driving license.