Classic Vehicles Registration
Classic vehicles often require special attention and care when undergoing the technical testing process. The RTA has partnered with a specialist organization to provide the classification and testing of classic vehicles, which commenced on 3 June 2012
The RTA has approved the Automobile & Touring Club of the United Arab Emirates to classify and inspect vehicles which are older than 30 years, by virtue of their listing under the Classic Cars category. The Club completes the technical testing process according to specific criteria that includes the following:
1. Intact body, including the front & rear windscreen
2. Functionality & efficiency of the brakes system
3. Engine and fuel system
4. Wheels and tires
6. Passing emissions test
How to apply for the service
1. Contact the Automobile & Touring Club of the United Arab Emirates to book an appointment.
2. If you arrive on time, you will be offered the service of initial vehicle testing free of charge to check the following:
A. Vehicle's age
B. Required documents
C. General condition of the vehicle
3. After passing the initial consultancy test, the prescribed fees should be paid and the vehicle should be delivered to the club.
4. The vehicle is then inspected and classified by specialist technicians at the Club's center.
5. The Club will register the vehicle and fix a number plate thereon, if it passes the technical testing.
6. You will be contacted to collect your vehicle.
The contact details of the Automobile & Touring Club, UAE
The Automobile & Touring Club of the United Arab Emirates Club is the official representative in the UAE of:
• Fédération internationale d'automobile (FIA)
• International Federation of Ancient Vehicles "(FIVA)
• International Federation of Motorbikes
• International Karting Federation
• World Tourism Authority
Center's working hours
Saturday - Thursday: From 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
For more information
For further information and details of the classification & technical testing criteria along with the fees, please go through the detailed brochure.