Number plates Categories
Number plates are sorted into several categories, through which vehicles classification is made:
- Private plate: a plate used to define a vehicle and differentiate each vehicle from the other vehicles. It is recorded in the individuals traffic file.
- Motorcycle: a plate used for a motorcycle to define it and differentiate each a motorcycle from the other motorcycles. It is recorded in a traffic file.
- Quad Bike: a plate issued for quad bikes, that are not for public roads use.
- Classic: used for of classic vehicles, whose date of manufacture exceeds 30 years.
- Public Transport: a plate issued for both light and heavy vehicles, in charge of goods and load freight (Commercial transportation of goods) from a place to another, used to define and differentiate each vehicle from the other vehicles and it is recorded in a traffic file.
- Taxi: a plate issued for taxis which are licensed by the competent authorities to transport passengers. It is recorder in a traffic file.
- Diplomatic License Plate: plates issued for consulates / embassy vehicles based on a warrant issued from the ministry of foreign affairs.
- Commercial Plate: plates issued for some companies, through which a vehicle can be conveyed either from the port to the company's location or from the company's location to the vehicles test and registration centers only.
- Trailers: a plate issued for large-size trailers and recorded in a special trailer traffic file.
- Dubai Landmarks plate (Image): unique Image attached plates, showing one of the Dubai's landmarks to set your vehicle apart.